Tuesday 3 December 2013

My Bedtime Routine

I always like seeing people's bedtime posts so thought I'd dramatically crawl onto the bandwagon and show what I (attempt) do beauty wise each night after I've cleansed my face but before I go to sleep.



As an avid lipstick wearer it's important for me to keep my lips smoothy smooth smooth by using my Popcorn Lip Scrub by Lush although I swear this is counterintuitive as I do this after brushing my teeth so am essentially just getting sugar back into my mouth when I lick it off. Fun story time: a few years ago I bought one of these lip scrubs, took it to school and ate it during lessons within several days, I'm sorry dentist I know you can tell I've had 'sugary foods' as you like to say. After scrubbing my lips I then use either my Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream or my Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, yes I have a choice of two on my windowsill for easy convenience, can anyone say WILD?



Finally to round up this short routine so short it can barely be classed as a routine is The Body Shop's Almond Hand and Nail Cream which I got for free as I saw someone blog about a VoucherCode. This cream smells so nice and the tin packaging makes me feel like I'm fro ma different era even though I'm clearly not. Lastly is this Room and Linen Spray in Lavender and Chamomile from Avon; I spray this around my bed and near my pillow when I remember too and it's just a nice relaxing scent. Saying that though I once got a tad spray happy and when I put my head on the pillow I literally swore my chest was closing up which led to me sitting up for about 5 minutes drinking water and gasping for air. Why does drama follow me?

That's it for my bedtime routine and although I don't do it every night I like the idea of being an organised and routinely person even though my room is far from it and I am nearly always rushing. Do you use any products before you go to bed and do you actually stick to it?

2 comments:

  1. that almond hand cream looks amazing! great post :)

    Rachel @ makeshiftmunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells soo nice, even better that I got it for free haha! x

      Delete