Wednesday 4 December 2013

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle



Never in my life have I been so excited to get a product home and put it straight on my face like I was with Mac's Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle. This product is raved about so much and it was always something I knew I would end up buying at some point in my life but at £22 it's not the cheapest item in the world, UNTIL, during a casual stroll round the city centre I noticed Debenhams had 15% off all beauty and fragrance taking it down to £19.80 and then combined with my 20% staff discount the skinfinish was mine for £15.84. There are some serious (but minimal) perks to a job in retail. After having used the tester to swatch the product I walked round for the whole day admiring my shimmering, glistening hand. The beginning of a really creepy love affair.




Isn't it the most beautiful thing you ever did see?! The highlighter I swore by before this was MUA's Undress Your Skin Highlighter which I still think is amazing but it has a pinky iridescent tone to it which doesn't seem to compliment any other blushes than pink. I still love the MUA highlighter but now I have two options depending on what blusher I choose to wear.

I haven't tried this highlighter out with foundation on yet but only with bronzer and blusher but with this added on top it gives a healthy looking glow to my face which I am in desperate need of as I feel like I'm Pasty McPaster recently. It is quite a glittery highlighter so I made sure to buff (I feel like such a try hard when I say this) it into the skin so it didn't just sit on top.


I think I'll still own this highlighter when I'm about 59 as it seems it will truly take years to use up. Have you tried Soft and Gentle or any other Skinfinish? If not what's your favourite highlighter?

6 comments:

  1. Great choice! MAC products are the best, but not for the price :(

    http://lapetitetasse.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm impressed so far haha! And yes I know such a downside! x

      Delete
  2. Love the sound of this I have never tried any mac products before however the shimmer is just gorgeous x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    GLAMGLOW + Macadamia Oil Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice, I'd recommend either a lipstick or this as either are amazing! Saying that I haven't tried anything else so heck knows what I'm missing out on haha x

      Delete
  3. I am dying to pick up Soft & Gentle! This blog post makes me want it even more.. but unfortunately I am a broke student.
    I just stumbled upon your blog & I love it, so I followed you on bloglovin! :)
    feel free to follow me back! xo, Ash.

    www.murdocktalks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aw! I earn little money but had a 'to hell with it' moment like with mostly everything I buy haha! Thank you that's so nice! x

      Delete