Tuesday 5 November 2013

Recent Lipstick Purchases

Good grief, I haven't blogged in nearly two weeks (gasps of horror fill the room)! When I broke up from college for half term I was planning on being Miss Blog'O'Mighty until I went into work one day, checked my shifts and saw I was working every day apart from one so my plans were foiled and, even on my day off, I was ill, curse you immune system x 5694503.



Recently I have managed to control my lipstick buying habit and have only bought three in the past few weeks with two being by Natural Collection and one from the Rimmel Kate Moss Matte range.

 Left: Pink Mallow    Right: Rose Petal

When on a work lunch break I was cruising the aisles of Boots and decided I wanted some nudey, plain lipsticks as I don't own many and so went to the Natural Collection stand as they only cost £1.99. The shades I bought were Pink Mallow, a mauvey, powdery sort of pink and Rose Petal, a peachy, coral nude. Unfortunately I hate the texture of these lipsticks and feel like the formula clumps on my lips and just looks really unattractive and so I haven't been reaching for them since purchasing them, but, the other shades I own apply well so I think the brand is a bit hit and miss in terms of quality. Rose Petal does not show up on my lips at all which is a shame as it looks like such a nice shade on my hand but I think the colour is just too light even though my lips aren't that pigmented anyway so heck knows what's going on there.


Aah I bought yet another Rimmel lipstick from the Kate Moss Matte range as I am already a fan of 107 and 110 but this time bought the shade 111 Kiss Of Life. I felt like I owned a lot of different reddy toned lipsticks (50 shades of red) but not a true, pin-up red and this lipstick instantly came to mind. I love this lipstick and, although I feel like a red lip makes me look a tad bit overdressed for day-to-day life, I wore it to work (wow true daredevil) and found it lasted well throughout the day but did need some touching up as it faded slightly in the centre. I don't know what took me so long to pick up this lipstick but am so glad I did as it's really suited for the Autumn and Winter months. I was originally thinking about buying a Mac red lipstick but have saved myself a fair bit of dollar with this lipstick only being £5.49 and a Mac lipstick being £15.

From left to right: Natural Collection Pink Mallow, Natural Collection Rose Petal, Rimmel 111

Have you bought any lipsticks recently or have you tried any of the above shades? Also, the photos in this post are awful and the lighting is so off but there is only so much a girl can do with a windowsill, sheets of A4 paper, an iPhone 4 and a grey, overcast sky! Could anyone please recommend a good but reasonably priced camera I could buy that would be good for focusing on products when with a busier background and maybe with some like auto-adjust colour settings or something?! I am not a technical kind of person and need guidance in my time of need plz plz plz.

2 comments:

  1. loved this post! I recently bought the revlon lip butter in the shade sorbet which is amazing! i included it in my monthly favourites which is on my blog www.charleypayne.com if you want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I just looked that shade up and it looks so nice!! X

    ReplyDelete