Sunday 17 November 2013

Affordable Eyebrows


I've been into eyebrows for about a year I'd say and, since then, I've been through phases that I just can't think about because it makes me cringe so much i.e. filling them in waaay too dark with an eyebrow pencil to completely messing up the shape of them. I still love having defined eyebrows and feel that they are a really important part of my makeup routine and have found certain products that work really well for me and I wouldn't change. All of the items are use are so cheap and I personally don't see the need in buying an expensive matte Mac eyeshadow or Benefit's Brow Zing kit.


The first item I use is Rimmel's Professional Eyebrow Pencil in the shade Dark Brown; I don't use this pencil to fill in my eyebrows anymore as I prefer the look of powder but use the brush on the lid to sort my eyebrows out in the morning. If I could only use this eyebrow pencil however I would be able to make it work by using the pencil lightly and brushing through them to give a less harsh look. For £2.99 this item is so handy and lasts forever and is something I have repurchased several times.




I've had eyebrow kits in the past from MUA and a brand at Tesco but only ever used the darkest shade and so didn't get my use out of the lighter shades or the gel/wax and so that was when I decided to start looking at matte brown eyeshadows instead. The first one I bought was MUA's Matte Eyeshadow in Shade 19 and it literally is the most perfect shade for my eyebrows as I like to enhance the colour and go a bit darker. This eyeshadow costs £1 (oh my word it brings tears to my eyes) and has also lasted me so long. This eyeshadow doubles up well as an eyeshadow crease colour as well so you can get so much use out of it.

Another really good colour match I've found is Natural Collection's Eyeshadow in Crushed Walnut which is £1.79 so is a bit more expensive than MUA's option but Natural Collection often do a 3 for £5 offer so it'd be worth picking up then.


Finally, the brush I use to fill in my eyebrows is EcoTools Flat Eyeliner Brush (gosh I'm so wild using an eyeliner brush for my eyebrows) and I literally just wiggle it in either eyeshadow and then tap off the excess and brush it through my eyebrows following the direction the hairs grow. I used to use an angled eyeliner brush but it became slightly mangled so I bought this one and find I can create a better shape because it's sturdier and all one length. At £5.49 this is the most expensive product I use for my eyebrows but any sort of fairly dense angled or flat brush would work exactly the same.


From left to right: MUA's 19, Natural Collection's Crushed Walnut, Rimmel's Dark Brown

As an extra finishing touch I do use Maybelline's Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara in Dark Brown and find it really set my eyebrows and so have been reaching for it daily (even after my mixed review) but feel it isn't necessary unless your eyebrows are cray cray wild.

Do you use an eyeshadow or do you prefer using a kit for your eyebrows?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me know I'll follow you now :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post I always like to find the best value eyebrow products x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    GLAMGLOW + Macadamia Oil Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I love brow zings, it is way too expensive and I'd rather spend less when it comes to my eyebrows. I might have to try the Rimmel one-it sounds great especially considering the price! I usually use the L'Oreal one in 'blonde' but I think I'll try this one when I need a restock :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I've never tried browzings, I'm sure it is amazing but I just can't justify it and would rather spend less like you haha! Yeah it is really good if you're into eyebrow pencils! I've never tried the L'oreal one before what's it like? x

      Delete